All long-term relationships work best when expectations and guidelines are clearly defined from the beginning. If you’ve ever watched “The Big Bang Theory” on TV, you may consider the following The Purple Prose Room’s version of the Sheldon Cooper roommate agreement. It is the mission statement of Harry Buns Productions to provide a platform for purchasing creative content, and developing a community based on positivity and mutual respect.
In the following document, PPR references The Purple Prose Room. HBP refers to its owner, Harry Buns Productions. HBP reserves the right to change these terms at any time without prior notice, but will communicate those changes to its registered users.
- Customer purchasing safety is a high priority at PPR, and this is a hosted e-commerce site. However, due to the inherent risk of conducting business on the internet, visitors are expected to exercise due diligence before ordering anything from PPR. Always verify the padlock shows at the beginning of page URLs which initiate and complete purchases. No padlock? Please leave the site immediately. Terms of Service for payment portals are specific to those services. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to read them before using any payment method.
- Because keeping this site maintained at all times will have direct bearing on protecting the Intellectual Property and income of HBP, every effort will be made to do so. However, HBP cannot guarantee breaches will never happen. In the event someone believes their data has been compromised at PPR, please send the pertinent details to [email protected]. This information will not only be of concern to the site administrator, but also PPR’s host provider. There is only one person creating the content and running this site, therefore it only has one official email address, provided here. Anyone else using this domain is doing so without the owner’s permission and is not affiliated with this site.
- If you leave a review on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another review. These cookies will last for one year. If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you leave a review, the review and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any new reviews automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue; but the administrator will still require them to follow community guidelines set forth in clause 20. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- If you have an account on this site, or have left reviews, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Any analytics collected are primarily for tracking content sales. HBP is not interested in data concerning gender, race, age, political or religious affiliations, and will not discriminate based on any of that information, except in the context of clause 9.
- Registered users of PPR must be 18 years or older in order to purchase or participate in anything on this site. While other content available here may be suitable for those over 13 years, HBP publishes books for the adult fiction market and will not assume the responsibility of parents to verify minors are making approved purchases of age appropriate material.
- Due to a broad variety of device types and the ages of said devices, HBP cannot make any guarantees concerning the appearance and functionality of PPR. It is understood anyone using this site has their own measures in place to protect their devices from malicious internet/wireless activity, and keep them updated for maximum operation. There are elements of internet and wireless services beyond the control of HBP and its host provider. Servers and wireless transmission devices throughout IT infrastructures belong to more than one entity. Unusually high volumes of traffic can affect the functionality of such equipment, slowing speeds and increasing the likelihood of corrupting data.
- HBP cannot guarantee digital merchandise will always download properly for the above reason. The downloads available on PPR are tested. All digital content is available for download once. If a download fails, there is a resolution in place. Verified purchases from PPR are required to send screenshots of download error messages and the damaged file to [email protected] , if you are able to open the file. HBP will email a one-time link from MediaFire allowing you to access a replacement file. Additional downloads will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- This site sells EPUB e-books. The only devices/app they won’t work on directly are those which operate on the MOBI platform, which is the proprietary software of one corporation. Most other reading and audio apps which can be found for free in app stores support the content sold here. HBP uses Adobe Digital Editions for file proofing purposes, but this not an endorsement of the application.
- HBP can only resolve purchase issues which arise at PPR. It cannot help with problems which may occur from purchasing the print version elsewhere. As of May 01, 2021 HBP has removed it’s print books from wide-release distribution and has no further plans to sell them through other retail distribution channels.
- The works available for sale on PPR are protected by registered copyrights, for both the cover images and contents. Those rights are not included in the sale of any materials listed on this site. Being available on the internet does not make them public domain, and they may not be reproduced in any manner, including printing or file sharing, without express prior written permission from Kristal R. DeJong, who owns the rights. The same also applies to the contents of PPR itself. All background images used on this site are the work of HBP, not stock images. They are part of HBP’s branding and may not be used elsewhere. This is indicated by the copyright notice in the footnote of every PPR website page. Other websites found using images or copied text from PPR will be asked to remove them. Anyone found violating the copyrights of PPR, and HBP will be subject to legal action for damages, such as lost revenue, or customer confusion over the legitimacy of PPR due to unauthorized use of its contents.
- Because HBP and Kristal R. DeJong own PPR as their retail outlet, and the means to create subscription programs; they will not be allowing early publication releases anywhere else or placing their digital media on other paid subscription services. The digital books might occasionally make brief appearances on other author promotion sites, but these exceptions will not be widely publicized. Discounted prices of inventory, both in digital and print, available at the PPR store, are the only sales authorized directly by HBP.
- Purchases made directly from PPR are not necessary to participate in its special events or to receive future discount offers and bonus content. Some promotions are announced on social media. Otherwise, advanced notification, additional details for those events, special offers and bonus content will only be available through the newsletter sent to users on the Mailchimp mail list. HBP will not make the assumption it has permission to send email communications to any registered user not on the newsletter list. The only exceptions will be communication about purchases.
- While it has some social media aspects, PPR is in fact a direct retail business for the author, providing it the same rights as any other privately-owned entity. Traditional blogging is not the purpose of PPR. It will not allow its book review and comments features to be used as a free means to promote other businesses of any kind, including book bloggers not affiliated with HBP. Regardless of purchase history, anyone wishing to leave a review must be a legitimate registered user. All reviews/comments are prescreened for spam and website links included in them will be checked by the administrator before being made public. Star rankings must include a review of the content available on PPR and are required to stay on topic. The author is well-acquainted with her work and knows when it has not been read. Spoilers are also forbidden. HBP respects the right of others to express an honest opinion in reviews posted on PPR. It values the time invested in writing reviews and member participation; but it will not tolerate abusive language or speculation concerning the personal beliefs of site members or HBP. It is just that, speculation and nothing more. Anyone who makes accusations for the express purpose of destroying the reputations of PPR, HBP or other site members not only risk being banned from PPR, they will be held liable for such behavior on all social media platforms in relation to PPR. The goal of HBP’s mission statement is to nurture friendships, and none of the behaviors banned on, or in relation to PPR, will ever accomplish this goal. Instead, they create division and resentment. HBP will base its legal actions on the assumption that anyone behaving in such a manner is doing so purely for their own economic gain.
- HBP does have the capability to offer an affiliate program for bloggers or other influencers. If you are interested in becoming an affiliate, please send your request to: [email protected]
- Any claims of damage or harm, which users believe resulted from PPR, will be resolved by arbitration through a mediator chosen by HBP in Houston, TX and Texas law will apply. Those lodging a complaint requiring arbitration will be expected to pay half of the rate. Please be aware the complexity of a case will affect the amount of time required to reach a resolution. Decisions made by the arbitrator will be binding for both HBP and the complainant.